The 2020 Hackathon has now been officially launched !

Register here, and find more information about the 3 important themes, because this year we are #hackingforgood !

question

motaheer avatar image
motaheer asked ·

How can I integrate my own database with the APIs ?

I want to work with my own database. I am trying to find a way on how to integrate my own database with the APIs, but I am unable to do that. Can someone please help? I need to get it done urgently.

apis
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

francois.lasne avatar image
francois.lasne answered ·

what do you mean by your own database ?
what is the API you are dealling with ?

basically database, are attached to a 'tenancy' concept. that your data base represents at minimum a 'virtual bank'. that would be attached to a tenant. That said it can be even more complex depending if it is requiring a dedicated core system as well .
first of all can you give more information about the context ? API used.

you might just push some data into the system if the API is R/W

4 comments Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Thank you for the prompt response.

I already have a prototype application running with Azure CosmosDB database in the backend. This database consists of simple data like account details, customer details, transactions etc. Now I want to replace my existing APIs with the Finastra's Open APIs keeping the database same.

The APIs that I might use are person to person transfer API, Internal payments API, Consumer Profile API, Account Information API, Accounts and Balances API, Beneficiary Maintenance API.

1 Like 1 · ·

this is a very interesting use case ! not about using our API but implementing the backend of it , i ll reach PM to get you answer

1 Like 1 · ·
motaheer avatar image motaheer francois.lasne ♦♦ ·

Thank you.

When I run the APIs using postman, I just get some dummy data. Instead of that dummy data, I want to return data from my database whenever a particular API is called.

0 Likes 0 · ·
Show more comments