question

Loic_Majoufre avatar image
Loic_Majoufre asked ·

authentication without user action for tests

Would it be possible to have authentication without user action for the test accounts (ffdcuser1 and ffdcuser2) to be able to test automatically

api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

francois.lasne avatar image
francois.lasne answered ·

security cannot be unplugged , as a good practices
For test automation we have some postman script able to handle b2c use cases , you can find attached a proper one that you need to include into your test pipeline

postman-b2c.txt (8.9 KiB)

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Loic_Majoufre avatar image
Loic_Majoufre answered ·

your postman script handle the token generation?
because the problem is every request need a token to be accepted
and to get the token, a user have to enter his login / password, which is impossible in test automation

4 comments

yes the postman collection is able to get given an AppId / Secret to feed the login and password and get the adhoc token so that it can run several test. It is part of our automation pipeline that the postman is systematically played and validated.

is that what you are looking for ?

1 Like 1 ·
Loic_Majoufre avatar image Loic_Majoufre francois.lasne ♦♦ ·

Yes, i think that might be what i'm looking for

1 Like 1 ·

ok , good i have attached the current postman script that we are including for our automation testing

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments