question

Mitch Miller avatar image
Mitch Miller asked

B2C API & Private Key Authentication

If I implement Private Key Authentication will that allow me to access the B2C api's without the need of user interaction? I am using client id and secret for B2B - and would like to have a similar solution for B2C.

Authenticationaccounts b2c
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Francois Lasne avatar image
Francois Lasne answered

B2C means User interaction , to issue their login and password. PrivateKey authentication is just a mechanism different than API Key .

notice than depending the Authentication provider this may means finger print solution, FaceId , any authentication app like google / Microsoft authenticator

the key element is to get the user identity is intended to do the api call.

3 comments
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Okay so all B2C connections require some sort of secondary authentication such as login, biometric, authenticator app etc? It's not something which I could automate through C#?
1 Like 1 ·

yes , it requires end user authentication, notice that end user authentication does not means 100 % interaction, SSO can applied ...

0 Likes 0 ·
Mitch Miller avatar image Mitch Miller Francois Lasne ♦♦ ·

Could you point me to any documentation on how that might be accomplished?

0 Likes 0 ·