question

anaslaaouini avatar image
anaslaaouini asked ·

a question concerning "Alerts: Category : Consumer Banking"

Hello,

I tried the following request:

https://api.fusionfabric.cloud/retail-us/alerts/v1/consumers/{consumerId}/bill-payment-alert
with the following PathRequest: consumerId=832
and Headers parameters: X-Request-ID=342 and Content-Type=application/json

and I got the following response:
{
"message": "Invalid request Id"
}

What is the value of the requestId that will allow me to have a valid response?

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Dawid Rampalski avatar image
Dawid Rampalski answered ·

Hello,

what technology do you use to send the request?
The idea of the X-Request-ID is that a client can create some random ID and pass it to the server. The server then include that ID in every log statement that it creates. If a client receives an error it can include the ID in a bug report, allowing the server operator to look up the corresponding log statements (without having to rely on timestamps, IPs, etc).

X-Request-ID needs to be a string according to the API catalog page, you can put anything as long as it is a string.

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

anaslaaouini answered ·

I tried to test the request using Postman tool but, the request fail to execute with the Following error response:

{

"message": "Invalid request Id"

}

anaslaaouini answered ·

Hello,

Can you give me some valid parameters that will allow me to execute correctly the Following request?

https://api.fusionfabric.cloud/retail-us/alerts/v1/consumers/{consumerId}/bill-payment-alert

What value should I enter for consumerId? is 832 a valid value for this parameter

What value should I enter for X-Request-ID?

with 832 for consumerId parameter, I got the Following error response:

{

"code": "ALERT_NOT_DEFINED_FOR_USER",

"message": ""

}

4 comments

Hello,

yes we have noticed this issue as well. It seems to be working well for user 831.
We are contacting the sandbox owners to ask if this user can be used to generate alerts. We will come back to you as soon as we get the answer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

in order for the alert to go through, the consumer would have had to enable that alert within digital banking. If the consumer has not enabled the alert then we will not send it to them. When a user is logged into digital banking, they can enable specific alerts and decide how they would like to receive those alerts by specifying an email address or phone number for the alert to be sent to.

For consumer 831, the Bill Payment Alert, Person-to-Person Payment Alert, and External Transfer Alert are all enabled and configured to send the alert as an email.

[...]

1 Like 1 ·

For consumer 832, none of the alerts have been enabled.

When you retrieve alerts for a consumer, you can see what is enabled for a specific alert. There are fields in the response for each alert for isEmailEnabled, isSmsEnabled, isPushNotificationEnabled. If none of those fields are true then the alert is not enabled for the consumer, meaning we have nowhere to send that alert.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
anaslaaouini answered ·

with the value 831 for customerId,

I got the Following error message:

{

"message": "Alert sent for processing"

}

1 comment

Hi, the response code for this message should be 200. This means that the alert was posted correctly to the user.

0 Likes 0 ·